Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ribbon,Roses,and Red

Today I have a quick altered project I did with some Really Reasonable Ribbon and lace.
While out shopping at a second hand store I found this album with page inserts.There was just a red quilted cover-much to plain for my liking.
There is one of my favorite laces Noelle White Crochet Lace and added a border to the front and the spine.
White Silk was perfect for me to add to the two covers and tie a bow-there are eyelets on each cover.
I just knotted one end and pulled through each eyelet.
Wanted to share a close up of the ribbon and grouping of Prima flowers and leaves.
Can you see the red pieces there? Guess what those are? The brads are from Lost and Found line.
I had those vintage earrings that just seemed to work with my design.and a Prima swirl finished it off.

So the next time you are shopping don't pass up those vintage books or items-you can use so many ribbons and laces to dress any item.

post signature

7 comments :

  1. This is so pretty and elegant:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It is just so eye catching... I had to stop and tell you how pretty I think this is.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful album! I love what you did to it!! From plain to stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you've personalized this great album! Wonderful ribbon choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful album! Love your idea to use the earrings as embellishments.
    Hugs Outi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you took a rather plain album and made it marvelous! Especially love the use of your vintage earings:)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say