Thursday, April 26, 2012

Guest Designer - Dina Kowal


Hi everyone - it's Dina from Mama Dini's Stamperia! How fun to be sharing at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog today. I have been using ribbons from the store for the last few weeks and I am soooooo impressed with the quality of the products, and the service I received!

I have a few fun projects on my blog today, so I hope you'll stop by and see this card... (I love the feminine touch of this Sheer Ruffle Edge ribbon!).....and this card..... (I thought the rustic look of the Jute Ribbon would be a good pairing with a masculine image....)
I literally gasped when I saw the Turquoise/Brown Sheer ribbon I used on the card below - these are my 2 favorite colors, and what better way to tie together a beautiful color combination on a card than to have those colors together in the trim? Amazing.
I used several sets from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps to fill the focal panel of my card - You Tags, Butterfly Flourish, Vintage Postcard, and Friendship Script Background. The panel is watercolored using Derwent watercolor pencils. I masked the butterflies with a Sakura glaze pen so I could ink up the background more easily, and added some dimension with a Viva pearl pen.

I tied a double bow with my Bow Easy - love that little tool.

Thank you so much for inviting me to share!!

20 comments :

  1. Stunning my friend! Your coloring is amazing! I was in awe watching you do it in person. You made it look so easy!
    Love how perfectly you colored the butterflies to match that gorgeous ribbon!

    Off to visit your blog now!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes!! each project is a work of art!! just so beautiful!!
    thank you for sharing...marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these so much!!! I NEED all of those ribbons! especially the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another absolutely stunning card, Dina, I have the butterfly image and haven't been anywhere near making it "sing" like you have here...just inspiring, mf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dina, these cards are GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for guest designing for us today on the RRR blog. I'm off to visit your blog now to see what else you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina you are really amazing! Such creative designs so nice to have you as a guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, these are amazing! I don't know which is my favorite! Just absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards hun!! And I Love your choices of ribbon you used!!! I'm LOVING the butterfly one as the colors,layout and ribbon is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful art so much, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, just stunning! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All 3 cards are the greatest. Girl by the water is beautiful, boat card is so very perfect for a man and the last card is just plain pretty. Great shading and the ribbon really adds to each card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work! Love your butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creations:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great cards! Of course, they always are.
    Best wishes and Love in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhhhhw oww.....love love your stamping. Your coloring is gorgeous and the ribbons you chose make the cards pop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so beautiful Dina, fabulous colors and the ribbon is stunning. Those are two of my favorite colors together too. tfs.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say