Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Guest Designer - Charlene Merrick

Hi, my name is Charlene Merrick, and I was tickled pink when Bonnie asked me to be the Guest Designer today for Really Reasonable Ribbon! I have a few projects to show you here, as well as one more on my personal blog, wheremmsgather (yes, I'm an m&m candy addict). I chose to use various ribbons from RRR's pretty Welcome Spring collection from RRR's April Ribbon Club Assortment for my designs. Since I was tickled pink, I chose this beautiful pink checkerboard satin ribbon for my first project.

I used this cute Sweet n Sassy image, from Cocoa's Tasty Treats, coloring it with Copic markers.  The darker card stock is a deep Bazzill Brown, although I know it looks black in my photo.


Not only did I make this card, but I also decorated a gift box to go with it!  I love making/decorating gift boxes to go with cards I give to friends and family.  This pretty designer paper is from Handmade Memories Paper Pack by Hot Off the Press.  Isn't that checkerboard pattern in the ribbon cool?  I love it!


The following close up photo shows how I looped the ribbon on the gift box.  Since I don't own a sewing machine, I held my loops together with Scor-Tape (love that stuff!)  I used the same designer paper and my scallop punch to make the flower to attach on top of the ribbon.


And here's the card and gift box together!


My next card features the pretty lavendar and blue ribbons from the Welcome Spring collection.  Instead of using designer paper, I used these lovely ribbons to ground my pretty tulip, which is from A Year of Flowers by Gina K. Designs.  I adhered the ribbons to the white card stock with Scor-Tape and the color coordinated brads (which I just happened to have in my stash).  I colored the tulip with Copic markers and used an embossed tulip frame on the white card stock.  My base card is Stampin' Up's retired Perfect Plum.


Thank you for viewing my projects.  Hopefully, they've given you some inspiration for using RRR's beautiful ribbons.  AND, don't forget, I have yet another project on my personal blog that I'd love to have you check out!!  Here's a sneak peek of it:


Have a terrific day!
Charlene

21 comments :

  1. Love the cards, especially the first on with the pinks and the beautiful box, the digi image is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Charlene, this is a beautiful box, matching card, and soooo pretty ribbon. Love your flower and that pretty paper.
    Oh, tulips are my favorite flower in the world so you know I love that card and the great way you used the ribbons. Loving that ef, too.

    Congrats on being Guest DT today...fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and box, Charlene....and thanks to the intro to this awesome blog! That second card with the tulip is gorgeous. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card with the decorative box to go with it. Great ribbons and paper. I really like the tulip card and how you used the three beautiful ribbons to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards and gift box Charlene, beautiful details and fantastic use of the pretty ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlene your cards are beautiful and I love your box. The flower and fab ribbon are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a Wonderful set Charlene! I love the quilt design on the pretty paper and that checkered ribbon is beautiful! The tulip card is so pretty with the banner ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful projects, Charlene! Thanks for the inspiration! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are so beautiful! Glad to see you as a guest here.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. this set is wonderful Charlene!! I love the card, and the box with the flower is fab to go with it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Charlene, what a beautiful card and gift box. The little image on the card is so very sweet and colored wonderfully. The lovely pink ribbon makes it quite elegant! I just got my delivery of this Spring set yesterday from RRR - wonderful ribbon product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to have you as a Guest Designer today, Charlene! Your projects are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and charming gift set Charlene!! Love the checkered ribbon! And your ribbon trio with the tulip is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous projects Charlene!! I love the card and gift box set and I love the way you used the ribbon on the tulip card. Thanks so much for guest designing for us today on the RRR blog. I'm off so see your other project.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work, as always, my friend.....esp. love that tulip cas one....love how the bloom emerges from the ribbon layers...fabbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that card/box set you made, Charlene! That "checkerboard" ribbon is very pretty! And putting the ribbon strips on your tulip card was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous projects, Charlene! I love each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin' that pink checkerboard ribbon Charlene! Your cards are terrific! Awesome color choices for your tulip card! Wonderful projects! Off to your blog to see what else you created! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Charlene, this is a great set! The paper, ribbon, flower and design are just beautiful with this project! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say