Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Happy Father's Day!

Hello, again Ribbon Friends! I am back with a few cards. This time I have two simple, masculine cards to share!

I do not like to add bows or flowers to masculine cards because I don't have any men in my life that appreciate the "frou-frou frilly" type cards! {smile} So, adding ribbon and trims to masculine cards is really difficult for me!

I sorted through my paper stash and my ribbon stash, and came up with this card, which measures 6" x 5". I love the gray tones of the Authentique Mister paper. I have a lot of the Plaid Gray ribbon, so I used some of that for this card. 
I wrapped the brick panel with a strip of the ribbon, then I added a little "tab" of ribbon to the right side of the sentiment panel. I tied a bit of  Natural Burlap String to a metal button and glued the button to the ribbon tab. Not a frou-frou or frill in sight! 
The second card is a standard A2 size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") using the same paper collection. The collection has some rust colors in it, which I also love! 
This time I wrapped a length of  Copper and Cream Plaid around the paper to hide the seam between the two paper prints. (I used the 5/8" ribbon, which is out of stock, but the 3/8" is still available.) I added a skinny sentiment and a large, metal button to the top of the ribbon. I tied Natural Burlap String to the button. 
I hope you are inspired to use a little ribbon and whip up a few Father's Day cards for the dads in your life! 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: Black, gray, and white Cardstock, Authentique Mister paper, stamps, buttons

1 comment :

  1. That pattern paper is so perfect with the ribbons you used. Gorgeous cards for a guy!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say