Monday, April 6, 2020

Button Card/Gift Card Holder

Hello, everyone!  Thanks for visiting me today as I, Karen Letchworth, share a few projects with you.  Please excuse my lengthy post today....I made several cards that I want to share; including this sweet button card I created using some of the AWESOME products found at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Anyway...I started with some fun Echo Park patterned papers, journaling cards, border stickers, ephemera, etc. to create my base.  Once I knew where I wanted to lay all my snippets of papers and stickers, I cut small strips of Scor-Tape to adhere everything securely to my cardstock base.  If you're not familiar, Scor-Tape is an amazing Adhesive, and it comes in several convenient widths for various projects.
As I mentioned, the button card itself is a journaling tag from this Echo Park line.  I made that the focal point of my card by adding things to some of the squares on the button card.  In the lower left-hand corner, I added a doily sticker topped with a Pastel Green Open Rose with its stem curled up all cute (that's because the stems are reinforced with a thin wire to help them do this fun trick).  On the upper right-hand square, I added a 16mm Pearl Heart Ribbon Slide with a piece of Ivory Crochet Lace pulled through it; and underneath that, you'll see several Flat Green Double Head Stamens and Flat Wine Red Double Head Stamens.
From the Ribbon Slide treatment, I used a Rusty Pear Shaped Safety Pin to hang a small die-cut tag that I stamped with the sentiment smile.  You'll also see, in the very upper left corner of my card, I attached a Plaid Cabachon to my card, again using a small piece of Scor-Tape.
I also decorated the inside of this card; and that's because I wanted to include a small glassine bag where I could tuck in a gift card (because this is going to someone who needs a little help right now in the way of some grocery money...so I'll tuck in a gift card).  I added snippets of patterned paper using more  Scor-Tape.  LOVE that stuff!!

I also added a length of Light Pink Gingham Ribbon, and also wrapped a nice long lenth of Teal Baker's Twine.  I topped that with a darling Pink Miniature Sweetheart Blossom.  Can we talk about Baker's Twine?  At just TEN CENTS ($0.10) per yard, and in over 40 gorgeous colors including 13+ solids; Baker's Twine is such an awesome useful accent.
OK....one last card.  I promise this is the last one (for today).  It's just that when I start working with all the pretty Ribbons and Trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon, I just can't stop myself.  I decided to make just one more card using this same Echo Park line.  I stamped the sentiment onto a die-cut doily and ran a long length of Cherry Baker's Twine around my card several times, and tied it into a bow.

I also ran a length of Black Gingham Ribbon across my card, and I used the Black Gingham Ribbon in my ribbon treatment along with lengths of Robin's Egg Wrinkle Ribbon, Red Wrinkle Ribbon, and Cream Seam Binding.  You'll also a Mulberry Leaf, several Red Double Head Stamens, Milk White Double Head Stamens, and Green Double Head Stamens topped with a Red Open Rose, Pastel Green Open Rose and an Ivory Open Rose.  Lots of pretty Iridescent Metallic String is bundled up underneath everything, and it sparkles when you see it in person.  SO pretty!

You're always sure to find loads of gorgeous products at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We sure hope you'll stop by again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say