Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chevron Woven Ribbon Headband Tutorial

Hi everyone. 
Today I have a fun Chevron Woven Ribbon Headband Tutorial for you made with ribbon and supplies from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
 
After I posted my last woven ribbon headband tutorial, I was asked if I knew how to make one with a chevron pattern weave.  I didn't, but I fooled around with the weaving pattern and here is what I got.
 
The headbands below were made with 1/2" or 3/4" White Plastic Headbands and 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  You could easily substitute 3/8" Satin Ribbon or any other opaque 3/8" ribbon.
 
 
 
 
This is the headband color combination I will demonstrate in the video below.
 
 
This is done on a 3/4" White Plastic Headband.
 
 

 
Fun pattern, right?
 
Below I have a video tutorial to show you how to make one. 
 
 
In case you missed the ribbon measurements, you will need two ribbons in contrasting colors.  For a 1/2" headband, cut two 30" pieces of each color.  For a 3/4" headband, make the lengths about 38" long.
 
I hope you'll try this new weaving pattern.  You'll find it's very easy to do.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
~  Bonnie  ~
 

7 comments :

  1. Super cute and fun!! Your desk is sooo clean and organized! Love all those Copics~! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun!!! You make it look so easy....my fingers would be tied in knots! I'm still swooning over your marker collection lol. Huggs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie .. Lovely tutorial :)
    Can you please let me know if there is a name for the sheet with measurements which can be seen on your table !

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure they are called "cutting mats"

      Delete
  4. For a 1" headband would I use 46" of ribbon for each piece? ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Connor. Use ribbon pieces that are 45-46" long for the wider headband. Once you complete one, if you have lots of ribbon left over, you can calculate better what length will work best for you. It's always better to err on the side of too long. Happy weaving!! :)

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you have to say