Monday, July 17, 2023

Masculine Beach Birthday Card

Masculine Beach Birthday Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon by Kathy Clement

 Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I made this masculine beach birthday card for my husband this month.  He loves the beach, and since his birthday is right after the 4th of July, I usually create something with a red, white and blue theme for him.  Sometimes it's hard to use ribbon on a masculine card, but Baker's Twine is a great option!  This Airmail Twine was the perfect solution for hanging the anchor embellishment on my card.

Masculine Beach Card, Really Reasonable Ribbon, Electric Blue Taffeta, Kathy Clement

It also made the perfect topper on the Electric Blue Taffeta bow that I added to the stopper on the easel card base.  Taffeta ribbon ties such beautiful, crisp bows, and the Electric Blue shade really sets off all the blues in the card design.


Here's a peek at the inside of the card.  Because this is an easel card, the stopper is part of the card interior.  I added a twine-topped tag to the little pocket so I could write a note.  A gift card fit in here really well, too!

If you haven't yet discovered the joy of working with Baker's Twine, I encourage you to take a look at the wide array of colors and styles that Bonnie has in the shop.  I've started collecting it by the spool because I enjoy working with it so much.

Wishing you a day filled with joy and creativity!

Cheerio,

kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say