Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Birthday Greetings

Welcome by again, friends!  It's always a blessing to have you visit us today as I share a fun card I created using just a bit (ok....maybe more than just a bit) of my most favorite trim; Baker's Twine.  This FABULOUS trim costs just ten cents ($0.10) per yard and comes in SO many great colors - both solids and stripes.  They're ready and available to you now at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This one simple trim can be used is so many different ways.
For this card, I used white cardstock and a fun patterned paper from Photoplay to create my base.  I used strips of Scor-Tape to attach the layers of paper together securely.  I used a cute lollipop die-cut set and my oxide inks to create the adorable lollipops.  I alternated colors of lollipops, swirls and bows.  On the top sucker (pink), I used 3-D Foam Tabs to elevate it above the others.
My sentiment was stamped in Concord Oxide Ink on a Fishtail Banner.  I cut lengths of Green Apple Baker's TwineSolid Purple Baker's Twine and Solid Light Pink Baker's Twine and wrapped them around the sentiment banner and then tied them into a knot at their ends.  This is another fun way to use these fabulous trims.  I absolutely LOVE Baker's Twine for so many reasons including the colors, the price and ALL the great ways you can use it in crafting.
As you can see, I also created a bookmark/tag to tuck inside this fun birthday card.  I used more of the beautiful Baker's Twine on my bookmark including Solid Purple Baker's TwineGreen Apple Baker's TwineSolid Light Pink Baker's Twine, and Lemonwood Baker's Twine.  Making bookmarks to tuck inside your cards is a great idea, and Baker's Twine is a great value and the perfect way to top your bookmarks.
Be sure to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog to check out all the great inspiration there.  You can also find out about special sales and promotions and our Blog Hop on the 13th of each month.  Thanks once again for stopping by today and have a great week.

Blessings,
Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say