Monday, January 16, 2023

XOXO Card

Hello, everyone! It is Gloria bringing some Valentine cheer!

There is always something so sweet about making Valentine's Day cards. Maybe it is all that pink, red, white, and black together. Maybe it is nostalgia for my school day's Valentine parties. Maybe is is visions of chocolate clouding my brain! Whatever it is, I enjoy making Valentines!

I created a standard A2 card from black cardstock and then jazzed it up with some paper (Simple Stories Kissing Booth). I adore those X's and O's. 

I made a fluffy bow from the 5/8" Pink Delicate Stitched Satin, topped with a Pink Cottage Rose. I don't care how many mulberry paper flowers I have, I always "need" more! I love that Bonnie carries them in the shop! 

I die cut the word "Love" from black cardstock and attached it (ever so carefully) to the top of the bow. I also die cut a heart shape from the printed paper. I was going to stitch around the outside edge with embroidery floss, but...I had other things to be doing so I drew on some stitches with a white pen. I did it incorrectly, but pretend it looks fine!

A few stickers and some enamel dots finish off the card. I also lined the inside with white cardstock, ready for a sentiment stamp. 

Thank you so much for joining me today!

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used: cardstock, printed paper, enamel dots, dies



No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say