Monday, December 21, 2020

BLESSED Gift Card Folder/Glassine Bag

Hello blog friends, Karen here.....and welcome by today as I share a fun project featuring some of the FABULOUS products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The card/folder I'm sharing today uses a couple of the amazing trims found in this month's Ribbon Club Assortment along with a few different favorites of mine.  I have SO many "favorites" in this month's collection, and at RRR in general; and that makes it very difficult to narrow it down to just a couple of them to put on my card.  I tend to just pile on LOTS of goodies when it comes to Really Reasonable Ribbon.  But in this case, I used only a couple of the trims from this month's Ribbon Club Assortment.  Let me just say, you WILL WANT this gorgeous assortment.
Someone asked me if I could make several different Christmas card/gift holders for various people on her Christmas list.  I knew right away this would be a really FUN order to fill.  I love using glassine bags and small treat bags for this very purpose.  Using bags is a great way to create natural "pockets" where you can tuck in photo mats, gift cards, and journalling pages, etc.  That's exactly what I have here from just one glassine bag folded over and decorated.  Lots of FABULOUS Scor-Tape happening here, friends.
I used a medium sized glassine bag that I folded in half and covered it with patterned papers, a plastic page, some washi tapes and snippets of paper to cover the pages.  I wanted to leave the pages blank (just paper covered) so that each page could be used as a photo mat or a spot for journalling a message, the date, etc. and there are pockets for tucking in photos, messages, memories/trinkets and more.  I thought personal photos would be super cute on the inside pages.  SO many cute projects can be made using paper bags, glassine bags, or any small treat bag.   Scor-Tape holds everything together securely, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has ALL the other perfect touches to help you complete a project like this one.
The front of this sweet bag is decorated with a piece of the 5/8" Sherry Diamond Satin, and a bow that includes the 3/8" Bird Print on Antique White Satin, Green, Red and Ivory Burlap String, and is topped with an Antique White Lotus Flower.  The title on the front of the book (gift card holder) was stamped with the word BLESSED from Paper Sweeties.  On each side of the sentiment spot, I placed a White Flatback Pearl accent.  They're such a pretty little touch on either side of my sweet sentiment.  Can you tell that I LOVE the 3/8" Bird Print on Antique White Satin, ??? I used it here again on the inside page.  It's just so cute.
There are so many great products at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  You're sure to find something different and wonderful every time you stop by.  There is just SO much to see.  You'll stop by for ribbons, and you'll quickly find out there's SO much more.  So pretty, so sweet, and SO reasonably priced.  Why not treat yourself to a few Christmas goodies?  Go on, you deserve it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments :

  1. Love your card!! Love RRR. Merry Christmas my friend! I pray God blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I love your ribbon layers!! Merry Christmas and bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super whimsical! I love the use of the bird ribbon. Such a beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say