Monday, September 28, 2020

Masculine Milestone Birthday Card


 

Masculine Milestone Birthday Card

Hello, Friends!  Here's a whimsical masculine milestone birthday card that I made for our youngest son's upcoming birthday.  Since it's fall, I wanted to use warm fall colors.  Because it's his 30th, I wanted to work with a fun theme.  So I paired up Brown and Cream Gingham Ribbon with patterns and an image from Authentique Paper's Masquerade collection.  I think a party on the crescent moon in top hats and tails is worthy of a 30th birthday celebration, don' t you?

Milestone Birthday Card



The ribbon color flows well with the copper foil die cut accents and the orange hues of this Halloween collection.  Unlike my usual "poufy" bows, this plaid bow is topped simply with a button that reminds me of a cuff link.


Authentique Masquerade

TIP: Fussy cut the image twice, then layer together with foam adhesive sandwiched between.  This creates lots of dimension and makes the focal image pop. 

If using ribbon on a masculine card makes you nervous, check out the gingham and plaid ribbon section at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  You'll find loads of great ribbons that look like they came from the haberdashery round the corner.  

Here's a peek at the inside of the card.


I hope I've shared some tips and tricks you can use the next time you need to make a masculine card.  Wishing you all a joyful and creative day!


Cheerio,

kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say