Monday, April 8, 2019

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Have you had a chance to play with the April Ribbon Club Assortment yet?  This elegant Yellow and Grey Mix is like sunlight and shadow, and I just love how chic it is!  Today I've used the Charcoal Shimmer Satin and Yellow/Grey Chevron Stripe Grosgrain to adorn this shabby chic beauty of a card.


I love the way the Charcoal Shimmer Satin grounds all the bright yellow hues in this 5" x 7" card folio.  The soft shimmer is so elegant! 


I love to add a little ribbon inside my cards as well.  It creates texture and adds an extra surprise for the recipient.    


The side pocket contains a 4" x 6" magnet.I used the Charcoal Shimmer Satin and Yellow/Grey Chevron Striped Grosgrain to create a border on the bottom of the magnet.  Then I topped it with a sweet little bow and posy combination.

TIP: Use Scor-Tape to attach ribbon to paper.  It's quick, neat and easy.  And it holds everything perfectly in place! I attached the 1/2" wide Shimmer Satin with 1/2" Scor-Tape, and the grosgrain with 1/4" Scor-tape.  

I hope I've shared some tips and ideas that you can use in your own crafting adventures and inspired you to get your craft on.


Thanks for stopping by!
kathy



1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful keepsake card and extras. The grey and yellow are so elegant together and the sweet charcoal bow and yellow flowers are lovely.
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say