Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paper Charm Necklace with Ribbon and Trim Accents

Hello Friends!!
Happy Sunday!!

Heather here and it is my turn to post for the wonderful
 Really Reasonable Ribbon.
  I thought I would create something a little bit different this time.
I joined a "Paper Charm Swap" a couple weeks back and recently have been creating some paper charms.  I think I am getting hooked...lol.  Today I would like to share a paper charm necklace that I made for myself.
You will see I used some fabulous Baker's Twine in Raspberry, Cotton Candy, Aqua, and Teal as well as the seam binding in 
Rose petal and Aqua (they were inked with Ranger's Vintage Photo).    Below you can see the Pink Diagonal ribbon that I inked as well from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I used some beads from my stash ( I was so proud of myself not going out and buying new beads...lol).  All the images for my paper charms are from Gecko Galz Papillion and Butterfly Wings ephemera sets.
I cut out all my charms, inked them with Ranger's Vintage photo distress ink, applied Art Glitter Just Peachy Transparent glitter to the edges of the circle and rectangle charms, and wings of the butterflies.
I applied Ranger's Perfect medium and then applied UTEE.  To give all my charms a glossy look.  Makes them a tad bit harder to photo, but they sure look pretty in Real life.
I had such a fun time creating this necklace.  I hope if you have not tried some paper charms, that you will have been inspired to do so.  You can really dress them up by adding the ribbon and trims!!
Hope you have a Fabulous Sunday!!
Hugs!!
Heather

4 comments :

  1. What a cool project and a fun swap to participate in. I love your finished necklace. I also really like the look of the ribbon and trims when you ink them up a bit. Perfect for your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I can make mine as gorgeous without all the embellishments you had Heather but will sure try with what I do have and can make. Love your necklace and would love to have something close to wear this summer. Happy Week

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say