Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Keep Moving Forward

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I have an inspirational card to share with you today. Daily life is filled with obstacles and challenges both great and small.  But if we will just keep moving forward, we will achieve our goals.  The climb is often steep, but the view from the top is mighty sweet!  With this in mind, I created a layered get well card for a friend who is facing some tough hills to climb.  I used Graphic 45's World Fair collection and fabby ribbons, of course, because no project is complete without ribbon!
 I love the punchy colors of this collection, and was thrilled to find goodies in the RRR store that matched so well.  These gorgeous yellow trellis roses were lightly sponged with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and then clustered with frilly Cosmos Daisies and some sparkly gold spiral stamens.
Sometimes, burlap string is the perfect ribbon choice!  These flower clusters were so bodacious, I didn't want to try to compete with them.  But the card needed some sort of ribbon element to tie things together.  (Groan..what a terrible pun!)  I selected navy, antique gold, and orange burlap string as a complement to these fancy flowers.  I tied the bow on my Zutter Bow-it-All and then used the tip of my scissors to tuck the bow in under the floral cluster.
I did the same thing on the fold of the card, and I love the way this simple string bow anchors those flowers to the card.
The inside of the card is loaded with fun surprises.
This pocket has lots of goodies tucked inside.  I added dimension to my fussy cut hot air balloons by layering them with foam pads. And a touch of natural burlap string makes that chipboard button stand out in the crowd.

I threaded my vintage buttons with yellow burlap string, just for fun!

And speaking of moving forward, it's time for me to do just that!  I hope you were inspired with today's post!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

4 comments :

  1. Love the vibrant colors! It will definitely be an instant smile on the receivers face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Stunningly gorgeous make!!!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with all the beautiful layers and details. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! You all made my day with these kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say