Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey

Hi everyone!  I've had this idea in my head for a cute Thanksgiving card for a while and finally got around to trying it. 


I cut the turkey's body, beak and waddle with my Silhouette Cameo.  To create the "feathers", I cut 2" strips of ribbon and then hot glue the ends together to form loops. I hot glued them to the back of the body piece. I used several colors of diamond satin ribbon and double faced satin ribbon.
I added a strip of natural jute ribbon and tied a bow with some hemp cord from this set
I think he looks so cute!  This is a great way to use up those little scraps of ribbon and would also be a fun craft for kids.  You could just hand draw the body and have them cut it out by hand. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Corri

1 comment :

  1. I like the ribbon layering fro turkey feathers. Like the texture your card has.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say