Monday, May 6, 2024

Sweet Strawberry Card

Good Morning and Happy Monday to you! 
Misty (@Mommyofkidz) here with you today sharing a cute and easy card that I made over the iNSD weekend.  To be honest,   after a very LONG week of torrential downpours and extreme flash flooding here in my area, I am very thankful to be able to share anything with you all! While I was not affected by the flood waters, I do have several friends and family members that were.
PLEASE keep them in your thoughts as the recovery process begins. I will be going to the hospital today to visit my Aunt who broke her leg while beginning the clean up process yesterday from the 4 feet of water in her own home. 

Anyway...before all the chaos began,
I was enjoying the preparation of a few cards (which I do not EVER make) to start giving handmade cards as opposed to store bought ones.  While this is not the card that I will take with me to the hospital today, this is one of my favorites from the weekend.


For this card, I pulled out some OLD favorites of mine...
My Creative Memories punches.  
I paired the punches with the perfect ribbon and Burlap String Combo from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and...well...
When I combined my creations...
It made a perfectly SWEET strawberry vine! 

As you can see, the final results were nothing 
short of adorable, but it did not start out that way! 
Every perfect project begins
 with a not so perfect construction phase.  
Here is a photo to show you the deconstructed view of this card:


Of course, once I added in the tag with the 
super cute pink plaid ribbon, it started pulling the vine together. I topped that off with a length of
Ivory Burlap String, and the card was complete. 
"SWEET" Victory!! 
Isn't is satisfying to see how a project comes together and the 
final results are better than you expected? 
Yes, that is exactly how this felt...
Like a victory! 


 Since I am not really a card maker, I am pretty proud of how this came together!  I will have to figure something out that will be appropriate for my Aunt so that I can make a card for her.
I am quite sure that she would appreciate the beauty of a homemade card! Any suggestion for a design would be truly appreciated! Leave them in the comments section below! 

Thank you for stopping by today! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say