Monday, January 6, 2020

Sweet Button Cards

Welcome by, everyone!  Today it's me, Karen Letchworth, sharing a sweet card featuring some Button Cards that I topped with several fabulous trims and bobbits from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  If you're not yet familiar with Really Reasonable Ribbon, I suggest you take some time to look around.  Of course they carry the most VAST assortment of Ribbons, Trims, Twines, Laces, and all things lovely and spooled; but they also carry SO much more.  This includes Double Head Stamens, Mulberry Flowers, Adhesives, Embellishments, and the list goes on and on (as you'll see from my projects....LOL).
I started my card with a black cardstock base and added three different random patterned paper pieces from my stash.  The teal color is from Echo Park, the red polka dot is Coordinations, and the print is a Crate Paper scrap tucked in there.  All my paper edges are inked to give them a shabby touch.  I was browsing on Pinterest the other day, and saw some old projects using the adorable Button Boutique Stamps & Dies, so I decided to pull them out and use them.  I used that same set for the two button cards, and then used a set called Thread Cards (stamps & dies) for the thread spools.  Around the thread spool, I wrapped a long length of Solid Red Baker's Twine.  On the button card, I added a black and white gingham button back from the 13mm Mixed Colors Flatback Gingham Covered Buttons as well as some Miniature Mixed Pastel (teal) Sweetheart Blossoms and a Red Sweetheart Blossom.
OK...I realize there's a lot going on here with my card, so I'll do my best to list what I can.  I added an antique milk cap, a die-cut wool felt flower topped with a vintage red button that has some Natural Burlap String tucked in its center.  Under that felt flower, I tucked a length of Black Licorice Baker's Twine and some bundled Natural Burlap String.  I also added a wooden (friend) sentiment, I wrapped some White Crochet Lace around the thread spools, and attached a little wooden ruler.  I also tucked in a Pear Shaped Safety Pin - such an adorable touch.

And then......because they're just SO cute, and because I love them SO much, and because Really Reasonable Ribbon has SO many great products to help me adorn them; I stamped several more of these darling Button Cards.  Some of the RRR products I used to embellish these various cards include Solid Mint Baker's Twine, Cotton Candy Baker's Twine, several different styles of Natural Crochet Lace, several different colors of Double Head Stamens (yellow, pink, blue, etc.), various Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms, Pastel Magnolia Flowers, Plaid Yellow Ribbon, Covered Flatback Gingham Buttons, Light Blue Burlap String, a length of Danish Blue Seam Binding, Bright Pink Plaid Ribbon, a Parma Grey Open Rose, a White Mulberry Leaf, one Pink Bead Berry Spray Cluster, some washi tape, stick pins, two little  (blue flower) Embellishments and of course, LOTS of buttons.  Like I said, no shortage of fabulous products at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and always the perfect item for YOUR next project!
Please stop by again soon.  There's always LOTS of fabulous inspiration here on the RRR Blog, and we always appreciate your visits.

Blessings,


1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say