Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Old Style!!!




I found this really neat photo of my Aunt and just had to scrap it! I also had a little dress form that I thought would be perfect to alter with some ribbon and trim!

I used lots of different ribbon and trim on this page and I used brown and pink for my color scheme. That's one of my favorite combinations, especially for vintage photos!




Here are some close-ups of some of the detail:




Here are the steps for altering the little dressform. First I just used acrylic paint and painted it offwhite I just used some regular acrylic paint that I had. Then I started with the 1.5" wide light pink wrinkled ribbon cut into strips.

I started at the base and used double sided tape and gathered strips of the ribbon across the little dress form and attached to the back.


This is a photo of what the back looked like, I just used the double sided tape for the back as well, it works really well for the ribbon, especially the lighter weight ones.
 I covered the bodice in the Chocolate Mesh Ribbon.
The I used the crochet lace for the waistband and cut a little bit in half and made a v-neck trim!


I finished it off with the darker pink sash as you can see in the finished layout!  I added a little bow with the baker's twine. This was really simple and I liked the result!!! Lots of different color schemes to do this with!!!   I hope you like this little tutorial, it's really easy to do!

Really Reasonable Products used:
1.5 " Pink Wrinkled Ribbon by May Arts
1.5" Chocolate Mesh Ribbon
Allison White Crocheted Lace
Pink Baker's Twine from the Assortment
Pink Satin ribbon

Other products used:
My Mind's Eye paper
Prima, Petaloo, and Kaisercraft blooms
Basically Bare chipboard dress form
Basic Grey alpha stickers
Ranger alsohol ink in Latte
ink, pearls, adhesive

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful Layout, and LOVE your dress form and of course the color combo is one of my favorite too!!! I LOVE PINK and Brown!!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout Patti and the way you decorated the dress form with ribbons is very creative. I always love to see different ways to use ribbon on projects!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just so lovely:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very lovely. Great layout and flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, what a really neat page honoring your aunt, and all the elements you used are just terrific!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say