Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Big ole Bow

Happy Thursday everyone. Today I'm sharing with you a card I made using a few different ribbons. Bows can be used as accents on a project or as focal points. For this card, I used Dark Brown Satin in 3/8" and White Satin in 5/8". When making the bow, layer the ribbons. Once the bow is tied, pull the loops apart to create a very full bow. I will be doing a "tie a bow" tutorial in the future so keep your eyes open.



Try layering a few ribbons together to create a unique bow. Post your creations in a comment, and we'll be sure to stop by and check them out.


Toodles
Erika

3 comments :

  1. I didn't know that this store existed. Thanks for letting me know Erika. They have such great prices and a wonderful selection. I love wide ribbon and it is often hard to find! I love how a huge flowing bow looks on my projects!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, this card is gorgeous. I love the colors. You can sure make brown look good. Did you use one of those bow making things ? That bow is perfect.
    Evette Rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Evette, I didn't make the bow with a bow maker, but keep stopping back because I'll be doing a bow making tutorial in the future.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say