Sunday, September 18, 2011

Guest Designer - Clare Buswell


Hi! It's Clare Buswell here with you today from Clare's Creations. I'm delighted to be Guest Designer here at Really Reasonable Ribbon, if you're familiar with my work you'll know I love lace and ribbon and I was sent a fabulous selection to work with! Here's what I made!






I love shabby, romantic cards and I love to indulge in pink! Here I used some fabulous 1.5" Pink Crochet Lace and I gathered it slightly on the sewing machine. 






Tucked under the row of pink buttons is some beautiful Abigail White Crochet Lace (this was my favorite lace). The little flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I tied a little bow using the Angela White Crochet Lace and distressed it slightly with Antique Linen Distress Ink.






The stamped label is from Rescue Remedies by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in Coffee Archival Ink. I used some more Angela White Crochet Lace across the card and I also added some Cotton Candy Baker's Twine.






For my second card I used some pretty Light Blue Wrinkled Ribbon to make a double bow and added a plain button in the centre. I loved the texture of this ribbon!






The dress I stamped using You're Lovely from Waltzingmouse Stamps onto some Melissa Frances papers. The sentiment is from Big Day - Additions from Waltzingmouse Stamps.






Under the sentiment I layered two rows of Abigail White Crochet Lace over some light green card, I love layering lace over colored paper and card. All ribbons and lace of course are from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I have another card I made using some more fabulous ribbon (Lemon Satin Swiss Dots) from Really Reasonable Ribbon but you'll have to visit my blog - Clare's Creations to see it. Here's a little peek! 






I hoped you enjoyed my cards and I hope I inspired you just a little bit on how to use lace and ribbon on your cards. I'd just like to say thanks to Bonnie and Really Reasonable Ribbon for having me as Guest Designer today! I really enjoyed working with your fabulous products! 

7 comments :

  1. These are beautiful!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful and gorgeous creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects! I so love your Shabby but pretty style!
    Thanks so much for guesting with us this week!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are just precious-love the soft colors and such yummy products you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous projects!! Thanks so much for guest designing for us here at RRR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredibly beautiful card! So delicate- the buttons running along the bottom are a perfect counter point to the lace. OO really like that herringbone embossing on the celebrate card- great post!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say