Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Lilac Gardens Shaker Card

Really Reasonable Ribbon-Shaker Card-Lavender Seam  Binding-Kathy Clement-Kathy by Design

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Happy New Year!  If you're a gardener, you're probably using these winter months to dream about and plan your spring garden.  That's what inspired this Lilac Gardens Shaker Card.  I've trimmed it out with a soft, supple bow tied with Really Reasonable Ribbon Lilac Seam Binding.  This is the ribbon I recommend for "beginner" bow tie-rs.  You can almost always tie the perfect seam binding bow, especially if you use your Bow-it-All Tool

Metallic String-Really Reasonable Ribbon-Kathy Clement-kathy by design

Metallic String is another favorite trim from the RRR shop. You can find it in Gold, Iridescent White and Silver, which I have used here. It makes a pretty topper for my Lilac Seam Binding Bow, but it also creates a gorgeous border at the base of my card.  I like to wrap it around a card layer several times before adhering it to the card base.  This keeps the edges nice and neat.  It's amazing what that little bit of sparkle adds to a card design.

Kathy Clement-Kathy by Design for Really Reasonable Ribbon

Here's a peek at the inside of the card.  






 As you can see, I've topped my little tag with more of the same trims.  It's always fun to use "outside" card elements inside the card as it creates a sense of unity in your design.

Lilac and silver are a beautiful color combination for winter and spring creations.  I hope I've shared some tips and ideas today that you can use in your next crafty adventure.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say