Monday, January 22, 2024

Birthday Card & Bows!

 Hello everyone! Misty (@Mommyofkidz) here with you today to share my latest creation.  

Since it has been so super cold down here in Texas, I have been stuck in the house more than usual.  I decided that I needed something to "warm me up" so I reached for some bright ribbons in summer colors.  The BRIGHTER the Better!!  These ribbons made me want to create some fun korker bows for my great niece to wear...so that's exactly what I did! 



All of my ribbon choices were 3/8 in and included some patterned grosgrain styles along with some solids for good measure.  The patterned styles can be found in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store in the Summer Grosgrain Ribbon section. The ones that I chose include :

 Citrus Diagonal stripe, Citrus Multi-Dot, Hot Pink Random Dots & Acid Green Random Dots

I also used a few solid grosgrains that include Lemon Yellow, Torrid Orange,  and Shocking Pink.  I love how cute and quirky these bows are! 

When I had used all the ribbon that I needed for the bows, I still had a few short strands left.  Not enough to really do much of anything with, but too much to just toss into the garbage can.  At first I just tossed them to the side in my scraps pile. After a couple of days, I realized that I knew exactly what to do with these scraps... I made a matching birthday card!  Perfect!! It was super easy and took almost no time at all...but it was the perfect final touch for this gift.


I had hoped to have a picture of my niece wearing the korker bows to share with you all, but like I said earlier...It has been FREEEEEEEZING here in my little corner of Texas! It has been so cold that I have not gone anywhere at all except to work and home.  YES, I am a wimp.  Anything below 40 is WAY too cold for me!! Thank goodness for warm colored ribbons!  

Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you have found some inspiration, and possibly even something to do the next time you're stuck inside on a cold day.  Whatever your ribbon projects may be, you can find the perfect styles and colors in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store.  Head on over and start filling your cart!  


2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say