Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Autumn Kanzashi Hair Clip

Hello there ribbon lovers.  Bonnie here again today and I'm sharing another fun Kanzashi creation using ribbon and accessories from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
This would be great as a hair accessory for an adult by adding a French Clip or other clip of your choice.  It would also make a nice pin for a jacket or bag by adding a Pin Back.

I added a Metal Charm to the center and topped it off with a Flat Back Pearl Embellishment.  You can color any white pearl embellishment with Copic Markers or other alcohol inks.  No need to keep a variety of colors on hand.  Just make up the different colors as you need them.

This Kanzashi Creation was made with all 1-1/2" Solid Grosgrain Ribbons using the petal variation in the video below.  While it looks very large in the photo, it only measures a little more than 3-1/4" at the widest point.  It's the perfect size for an understated hair clip.

Kanzashi Ribbon Flower Petal #1
To view this video on YouTube, please click HERE.

For the top layer of tangerine petals on my project today, I used the technique to create different size petals using all 1-1/2" ribbon squares.  You can find that video tutorial HERE.

I encourage you to give Kanzashi a try.  I bet you'll be hooked!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  As always, I would love to have you swing by my Make Time to Craft blog as well and follow me over there.  Happy crafting!


2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say