Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Summertime Bug Catcher

Hey friends! Linsey here today sharing my super fun summertime bug catcher-home, custom decorated and adorned with some of my current favorite ribbons from the August Ribbon Club Assortment! Come along with me and see what the buzz is all about! 😊
First, the bug catcher was covered with some fun patterned papers. Next, each side of the arch on the catcher was decorated with a double-layered bow using 5/8" Kiwi Taffeta Ribbon and Flowers on Ivory Grosgrain Ribbon from August Ribbon Assortment. I really love how these ribbons coordinate with the summery outdoor theme of my project. A pretty butterfly is attracted to the yummy ribbons too! She has fluttered her way to rest atop a pink button for a closer gaze at these lovely bows! I think she may stay awhile.
I layered the grosgrain bow on top of the wider green taffeta bow, then added a brightly colored button with Mays Arts Yellow Burlap String to the center of each bow. RRR carries Burlap String in 15 colors and I can tell you, I use it on lots of craft projects! It's just right for stringing through buttons of all kinds and so much more! The light, wispiness and natural texture of it is often the perfect final touch to add to my creations. On cards, scrapbook pages, tags, altered crafts like this one and of course lots more! I simply love it!
The inside of the catcher is filled with interesting finds from our bug hunt! Everything from  red and black ants to spiders and ladybugs--even a very hungry caterpillar who shall be getting his supper very soon. In my bug catcher-home, all are welcome, you may come and go as you please, bring new friends and everyone gets along and lives happily ever after! Hooray!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my project! Until next time, happy summer, happy bug hunting and happy crafting!

3 comments :

  1. Linsey - this is just the cutest thing ever!! You always amaze me with your creativity!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much for that wonderful compliment, Bonnie! You made my day!!! :) xoxo

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you have to say