Friday, February 28, 2014

Decorated Mason Jar with Really Reasonable Ribbon

RRR Feb 28 04

Decorated Mason Jar for RRR

Hello, all you fabulous ribbon lovers! I'm back with another fun way to use your ribbon stash. Today, I have decorated a mason jar with Really Reasonable Ribbon. This project took about 20 minutes to complete, is cute as a button and makes a great gift too.
My clever and thoughtful sister knows that winter wreaks havoc with my hands. The combination of cold weather and working with paper causes them to become very dry and uncomfortable. So for Christmas this year, she gave me a wonderful homemade hand scrub in one of those pretty blue mason jars. I've been using it twice a day and I have to say, my hands are in much better condition than usual. As I was using it this morning, I had this great idea to "dress it up" a little with my RRR supplies. Here's a "before" picture.

RRR Feb 28 07

I love the green/blue hues of the jar and the scrub. Now, here's how it looks all dressed up with RRR ribbon:

RRR Feb 28 02

Isn't it cute? I simply used a couple of Spellbinder Label dies to cut green polka dot and white labels. I stamped a sentiment from Heartfelt Creations onto the white label, glued it onto the polka dot paper and added pretty blue hemp cording tied into a bow. A soft blue button was glued over this. It took no time at all to do!

RRR Feb 28 06

I think most of us are a little desperate for Spring right about now, so I wanted to bring Spring into my kitchen with my ribbon choices. I tied this pretty Lime Juice Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon around the neck of the jar. So cute!

RRR Feb 28 05

Next, I wanted to jazz up the metal top of the mason jar. I used my glue gun and Natural Jute String for this assignment. It added lots of texture and a fun earthy touch.

RRR Feb 28 05

I traced around the jar lid onto dark green cardstock and then added these pretty felt flowers to finish off the project.

RRR Feb 28 03

Now, not only are my hands soft, but my kitchen feels like Spring!


One last thing, and this is kind of exciting...remember this Typography Mini Album I did for the RRR "Anything but a Card" Challenge?

RRR anything but a card 02

Well, it was a favorite last week on the G45 Ning site, and today they are featuring it on the Graphic 45 Blog. ( I just know it was the fabulous black gingham ribbon that made it so popular!)  I'd love it if you popped over there and left me a little love! Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your creative juices were lit up with some ideas from this project. If so, that will make me happy right down to the tips of my crafty little fingers!

Cheerio,

kathy

4 comments :

  1. Wow! Fabulous altered jar, lovely design!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hazel! I think these would make cute bridal shower favors, or could be filled with jelly beans for Easter. So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet jar I love the flowers on top. Congrats on your album being featured on so many sites, it really is that awesome so it is no surprise. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say