Thursday, April 8, 2010

Layering your Ribbons

Happy Thursday Everyone.

Where do you get your inspiration to create from? Art? Emotion? Your jewelry box? Today I'm sharing with you a card that really reminds me of a piece of turquoise jewelry I have. I usually start creating a project from the base up, but this one started from the top. I was inspired by this great Heart Swirl from Magistical Memories and decided to emboss it using pewter and turquoise sparkle embossing powders. Finding the perfect ribbons to match was NO problem since Really Reasonable Ribbon has every shade, color and texture of ribbon under the sun.

For this card I used the Ivory 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon and sprayed it with Olive Glimmer Mist 4 times for deep saturation. Then I layered 1/4" Aqua Satin ribbon on top. I just love the look of these two colors together.

What a great way to add that little bit of extra color on a project. Stop on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon store and take a look around. There are so many new products including some great embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by today and remember we are having a design team call right now. For more information check the Design Team Call post HERE. We'd love to see you apply.

Toodles,
Erika

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I get inspiration from magazines. I was reading Prevention magazine last night and saw a couple of ads/photos that inspired me and then realized that I was flipping through the mag for inspiration instead of reading it!!! *giggle*

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card. love all the textures and rich colors. i get my inspiration from online galleries, magazines..i love checking out the different clothes sections for designs and patterns..

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say