Monday, August 5, 2024

Street Party Scrapbook Layout

 Hello all my fellow ribbon lovers and Happy Monday!  Misty (@Mommyofkidz) here today, and before I share my project, I have a question for you.  

What is your favorite thing to do with your ribbon? 

The answer is easy for me. I LOVE to make boutique style hair bows. However, I also very much love to scrapbook, and I almost always use ribbon, twine, or lace on my layouts. I have one more question, then I will share...lol.  I know, I know...it is way too early on a Monday for all this! (ha ha)

What type of ribbon craft would you like to see more of on the blog?

Ok, now that we have played "20 questions", I will share! :) (Two...Twenty...who's counting!!?? :)  Anyway, today I am sharing a layout with you featuring some 4th of July Festivities. 

I did this as part of a Progressive Challenge that I participated in recently, so it is just a bit different than my normal style, but I am in love with how this turned out! I used several bits and pieces from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store on this....


There were four steps to the Progressive Challenge, and as I was building this layout, I had no clue what the next step would be. Ultimately, one could end up with a jumbled mess, or something amazing.  I got lucky that my layout turned out to be something that I love! 

I began with the ribbon on the bottom title strip, which I pleated so that it could be seen better. The 5/8 Red Poppy Satin Ribbon was a perfect match to the vintage paper that I chose to start my layout with. 


I also used some jute string which I LOVE and use on quite a lot of my projects.  While I have used the natural color, I do have it in several other colors that can be found in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store. 

Peep all the mulberry roses that I have used! Y'all, I can not tell you enough how addicted to these things I am! I don't know if I have every color yet, but my stash has certainly grown! I used the 10mm open roses on this layout in red, white, and blue obviously. 


While I had no clue how this would turn out when I began, I fell in love with each step along the way. Part of the reason that I love it so much is the "eye candy" that I was able to add to enhance the overall "vibe" of the layout. Most of which came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I certainly hope that you have gained some inspiration today, and I also hope that you will leave a comment for me answering my questions that I began with today. I genuinely would LOVE to know!! 

Thank you all for stopping by and have a Creative and Crafty Week!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say