Friday, December 29, 2023

Slimline Birthday Card

 Hello, Y'all! And Happy Friday!!  Misty (@Mommyofkidz) here with you today to share a super quick gift card that I created using RRR ribbons.  Now, let me just preface this with...I AM NOT a card maker!!  LOL  I am a scrap booker...I am a bow designer...I am a cake artist...I am not a card maker.  I do, however, know people.  And...as fate would have it, those people do have birthdays on occasion.  Therefore...I make a card...on occasion. This just happens to be one of those occasions. 

Anyway, I used an svg file as the base of this card.  I cut it using my Cricut, then I did most of the backing of the elements with RRR ribbons.  I actually had never thought to do this before, and I am so glad that I did this time! 


For the center ribbon and bow on top, I used one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES... the Zebra Print 3/8 inch grosgrain.  This fit perfectly with no trimming required! The center of the bow and the insides of the loops were backed with Black Grosgrain Ribbon. I used the 3/8 widh for the smaller areas and for the center I used a 5/8 inch piece for full coverage.
Once I had that all glued in place, I got brave and added Delicate Stitched Satin Red to the dots on the center gift box.   Now...this one was a bit more intricate.  I did have to trim these and I found that it wasn't as easy as I had hoped.  Well, let me clarify... it wasn't QUICK.  It wasn't difficult at all...just not a quick process to carefully trim all that ribbon.  I think that is what made me decide to forgo backing the stars and the stripes with ribbon!  LOL  Have I mentioned that I am a LAZY crafter to you all yet? 
Well...here goes...Hello...My Name is Misty and I admit, I am a lazy Crafter! 
After the red dots, I decided to mount the rest of the stack of gifts onto heavy weight vellum cardstock.  Before I glued it all down, however, I used a pencil and marked out where the stars and stripes were going to fall...and I PAINTED those spots with watercolors! Yes...WAY TOO EASY!  AND it looked great! 

Once mounted and trimmed, I added a few embellishments. If you look closely at the photo above, you can see the spots where I painted in the gold stars and blue stripes.  I actually REALLY liked the effect that the watercolors had on the vellum!  I used a couple of the White Star Shaped pearl beads to fill in a couple of the stars.  I am absolutely ADDICTED to these stars!  I actually use them on almost everything I create...and I used my very last two right on this card!  Otherwise I would have used more on this! The last thing I added was Black Licorice Baker's Twine around all the edges.  This is another RRR item that I am addicted to and need to restock!  **Side note...This twine is not thin and flimsy. It is thick and wont pull apart or break easily.  It is most definitely of higher quality than some of the  baker's twines out there.**  You should give it a try if you have not! 

Finally, It was time to assemble the card.  I simply used my Scor-Pal to help me create a gatefold card using a heavy weight cardstock, added in an insert inside the card, and then mounted the decorated gift box on the front opening.  Overall, this took just over an hour for me to create.  I can't complain!!!  Not bad for a cute little card created during the hustle and bustle of the holidays! 

Thank you all for stopping by today! This is New Year's Weekend...what are your plans?  I have heard that what you do on New Year's Day sets the "theme" for your year. WHY NOT decide to make it a crafty one!!??  Head on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store and fill up your cart!  Make a resolution to set aside some personal crafting time this year!  Have a SAFE AND HAPPY Holiday...Cheers to 2023!  We will see you all Next Year in 2024! 

1 comment :

  1. So pretty and l do like the slim line cards the tweed used is stunning x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say