Monday, September 2, 2019

Happy Labor Day!

Hi friends! Linsey here today--you may remember me from being on the team before. I took a short break to help with some family stuff and I'm really happy to be back! I thought I'd share a fun patriotic project I made that using lots of ribbons in red and white, along with some lace trims. It's a denim and ribbon USA flag and here it is in all its glory!
This project was pretty easy and I love the results. I think it would look great displayed for any patriotic holiday and it makes a nice addition to an Americana home décor. Here's how I made it...
Find an old pair of jeans or any denim fabric that you are willing to cut up. Cut a rectangle piece of denim the size you want for the "stars" portion of the flag. The stars can be stamped onto the fabric or, in my case, I used a star-shaped stencil and white acrylic paint. I found it to work well.
After it dried, I framed the denim stars portion with Natural Crochet Lace. Allow a ribbon across the top to go as far out as you want you "stripes" to be. Then, start adding strips of red and white ribbons and trims, alternating colors. Some of the ribbons and trims I used include: 3/8" Swiss Dots Grosgrain Red, 5/8" Double Faced Red Satin, 5/8" Plaid Ribbon Houndstooth Red and White, Red 3/8" Ric Rac, 1/2" White Wrinkled Ribbon, Red Chevron Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Satin Swiss Dots Ribbon Red, Delicate Stitched Satin Red, Delicate Stitched Satin White, Crosshatch on Red Satin Ribbon, Checkerboard Satin Red, Checkerboard Satin Off-White, Satin with Stitched Center Ribbon, and various White Crocheted Lace.
To adhere, you can either use a hot glue gun or double sided red tape. Of course, any other adhesive you think will work well can be used also. Just make sure it will stick for the long run, as this piece can be enjoyed for years, if properly made and stored/displayed. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're enjoying you Labor Day and I wish you a wonderful week! Until next time, happy crafting! 

3 comments :

  1. This is really pretty and very special!! What a great way to use
    up some ribbons & lace (& old jeans!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Becca! It was a fun project! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so fabulous for all of us to celebrate with the stars and "stripes"! Love the laces and flow of this textural masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say