Saturday, November 18, 2017

Soft and Shabby Chic Sympathy Card

Hello Ribbon Lovers!  It's Kathy here today with a card that none of us ever wants to have to make.  I think sympathy or condolence cards call for extra soft colors and textures.  Sadly, I recently had to make one of these for a friend who lost a dear family member.  There's nothing like a hand made card to say, "I'm thinking about you, and I care."

I just love the way this Pink Center Stitch Burlap Ribbon adds soft texture to this sympathy card.  Tying a thicker ribbon like this is so much easier when using the Zutter Bow-it-All ToolIvory burlap string adds just the right finishing touch beneath the vintage button on the right.

I created this 5" x 6" cutaway card with one strip of 12" wide x 6" wide paper.  By scoring the paper at 4" and 8.75" I was able to create a cutaway front card with an inside pocket.


To make the pocket, simply add a punched edge on the outer edge.  Then glue only the top and bottom flaps to the card base.


This pretty tag is topped with more of the Pink Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon.  I've also tucked in a tea bag and a honey stick for good measure.

I hope I've shared some ideas you can use in your own crafty adventures!  I'd love to hear from you in the comment section below.

Cheerio,
kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say