Monday, June 27, 2011

Guest Designing with Really Reasonable Ribbon!

 

I have some {fun} news to share with you all today ... I am Guest Designing here at the Really Reasonable Ribbons Blog for the day!  Bonnie was sweet enough to send along an invitation to join her DT for the day and mailed me a lovely package of the yummiest pastel satin ribbons and polka dotted organza ribbon deliciousness!!

 I have two projects to share with you all today ... so let's get started peeking!

Project #1 - card made with Crafty Secrets 'Garden' Creative Scraps


I adore the scrappy look of this sweet card!  I used the hot pink polka dotted organza ribbon and pastel yellow satin ribbon in my design. The polka dotted ribbon was rouched onto the sentiment tag - yum!  I love the pretty little ruffle it made!!


I also added some polka dotted ribbon along the edge of one of the layers of pretty October Afternoon patterned papers.  For the yellow satin ribbon treatment, I cut the ends to points, folded the ribbon in half and stapled the folded edge to the underside of the seed packet!

And here is the finished card ... all bright and cheery with it's beautiful scrappy garden theme!

Project #2 - Art Quilt Block #6!


I am making an Art Quilt with a stampy friend of mine this summer, so for project number two today, I decided to use my Really Reasonable Ribbons to embellish the next block for my little quilt!  Each block is 6" square and there will be 18 blocks when the quilt is finished.  I plan to hang it on the wall in my design studio so I can enjoy it every day!   I cut 1 1/2" pieces of the polka dot organza ribbon, folded them in half and hot glued them all the way around the apple applique.  I adore all those pretty little dots!


Before I adhered the ribbon embellished apple applique onto the quilt block, I layered a piece of blue satin ribbon and attached it to my block with some machine zig-zag stitching.  A snipett of yellow vintage trim was adhered on top of that along with several additional layers of fabrics and a piece of paper doilie!


 I added a few more bits and bobs of shabby goodness -- layers of burlap flowers from Prima, paper flowers, fabric covered brads, pink glittered alphas, a chipboard butterfly from Jenni Bowlin and a {sweet} chipboard sentiment from K&Company!

And just another quick card to share with you all today ... I used the Really Reasonable Ribbon Lemon Yellow baker's twine here!  Creative Scrap image from the Sew Nice Collection at Crafty Secrets.



Thanks again to Bonnie and the RRR DT Girlies for inviting me to be a part of the team today!!  I enjoyed working with these yummy ribbons and really appreciate the lovely invitation to spend some time here with all the RRR fans!

Thanks for peeking in today!  Have a wonderful, stampy day!

Hugs,
Debbie
Simple Treasures 
xoxoxoxo

7 comments :

  1. All your work is just gorgeous. I too love this girly chabby stile here. Both cards and the quolt is gorgeous done and the ribbons really makes it pop out. You did such a great job with these things, that´s for sure. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards, all of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous!!! I love every little detail!!!! Thanks for inspiring us this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful....:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super gorgeous. Love the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects Debbie! Thanks so much for guest designing for us at RRR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ia a wonderful design with a great use of embellishments
    Joan in the UK

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say