Friday, June 24, 2011

Fun in the Summer - Fancy Flip Flops!

Hello! Well it is officially Summer and it is my turn to share with you a fun Summery/Picnic project! Fancy flip flops are all the rage right now...so I thought I would give decorating some a try! I bought these purple flip flops for $2, and the red and white stripped flip flops at the $1 spot at Target. While they are a fine the way they were, I just had to add some ribbon to dress them up a bit for my DD!! :)



For the Purple ones, I have added some light blue satin ribbon around the straps. for the center, I added some Grape Satin with Flowers in the center and then placed a little butterfly button over that! So super simple, but they went from plain purple to "Oh mom! I love them!!" :)




The 4th of July flip flops were created with ribbons from this month's Ribbon Club assortment - the Red and Blue Diamond Satin Ribbons! I added the flag button in the center with some stretchy cord, so they can be easily removed, so that after the 4th, I can add an adorable lady bug button instead! :)

Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Connie

1 comment :

  1. They are so gorgeous - you obviously have a mean button stash. It's a shame its winter in Australia! I will have to start looking on US EBay for buttons.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say