Friday, September 27, 2024

Mushroom Manor with String Bow

Spellbinders Mushroom Manor, Kathy Clement, Really Reasonable Ribbon, Stamperia Clockwise

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Do you ever use string bows on your cards?  They add a lot of wonderful texture to a card, and they are so easy to make!  I created this Mushroom Manor card for our son's birthday.  He is a wood turner, and makes the cutest little mushroom boxes, so this design was perfect for him.  String bows look great on masculine cards.

Really Reasonable Ribbon, Kathy Clement, Stamperia Clockwise

First I wrapped the left hand side of my card front with some turquoise burlap ribbon from my stash of Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Grosgrain ribbon would work well, too. Then I cut even lengths of Natural Burlap String, Ivory Burlap String and Brown Sugar Baker' s Twine for my string bow.  A little "next" of burlap string was the perfect resting spot for my wax seal.  

This is my last post as a member of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team.  I have been with this team for 13 years now, and I have loved every minute of it!  I would stay on forever, but our daughter has a brand new baby boy, and she needs me to keep him as she goes back to work.  So I'm giving up the best job in the world for the very best job in the world.  I will miss working with Bonnie and being part of this amazing team.  Thank you all so much for all the kind words and support over the years!  

Cheerio,
kathy

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say