Monday, September 9, 2024

Fun Technique with Burlap String

Simple Stories Hearth and Home Shaker Card-Kathy Clement-Kathy by Design

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  How much are we loving these cooler days?  Today I thought I'd share a fun way to add fall texture to our card designs. Natural Burlap String is always within easy reach in my studio.  I use this stuff so often that I buy it by the roll!  It ties pretty bows, of course, but it also looks great when you add it as a border on a card.  And it's so easy to do!  

Really Reasonable Ribbon-Burlap String-Kathy Clement

To use this technique, you will need to build your card front before you adhere it to a 5" x 7" top fold cardstock base.  I had a large chipboard frame that was a bit of a Plain Jane.  After adding strips of torn designer paper to the sides, I still wasn't happy with it.  So I wrapped several rows of Natural Burlap String down the right hand side of the panel with the frame on it.  

This looked so good that I decided to repeat the process on the bottom of the frame.  Simply use a small piece of Scor-Tape to hold the loose end of the string on the back of the panel, then wrap on as many layers of string as you like.  I used 5.  Then secure the string on the back side of the panel using another piece of Scor-Tape.  Easy Peasy!

Now top a Copper and Cream Gingham bow with another loopy burlap string bow to add even more texture and a nice pop of color to your card. 

Burlap string comes in a rainbow of colors, so you can use this fun and easy technique with any shade of string.

Have a joyful and creative day, friends!

Cheerio,

kathy

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say