Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Non-traditional Winter Birthday Card by Cherry Nelson

 Hello my fellow ribbon lovers.  Cherry here today! I hope that your holidays were healthy, merry, and spent with those you love.  Today I am sharing a card created with that special someone you might know that has the dreaded winter birthday.  It takes one to know one...mine falls right before Christmas.  I always got some of my birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper; so  I think it is always a little extra special to remember someone that has a birthday around this time of year.  Make them a winter themed birthday card, I promise they will appreciate it. 

I used a combination of ribbons and twines from Bonnie's store (make sure to scroll down for full supply list) The image is an old vintage one from a 1960's Christmas card.  I loved the non traditional colors, especially the yellow.  To me it helped to keep this card still in season, but not screaming Christmas.

I created a shaker with my circle dies and filled it with some fun sequins.  From there, a couple of vintage buttons were added with the thread still in them.   I then embossed a birthday sentiment, added some pretty florals and leaves and called it a day!  

I love how it turned out ...and I LOVE that I got to use this pretty non traditional plaid.  I could use ginghams and plaids all day long...and some polka dots too and never tire of them.

 Hope that you have enjoyed this and please stay healthy and creative (of course!!!)

XOXO,

Cherry 

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies-

Natural Jute string

Delicate Stitched Satin Old Gold

Blue bonnet and cherry bakers twine

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say