Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sent From My Heart

Hey there, sweet blog friends.  Welcome by today as I, your friend Karen Letchworth, share a card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I always enjoy adding all those special little touches to my cards and projects that make them so memorable, and Really Reasonable Ribbon always has just what I need.  My card started with a simple kraft paper base and a piece of corrugated cardboard.  I inked everything generously, and I stamped some backgrounds onto the kraft paper.
I ran a length of Bluebird Plaid Ribbon up the left-hand side of my card, and slightly overlaid that with a length of Ivory Crochet Lace to create a soft colorful border and pop of color on the left side.  Next, atop these trims, I bundled some Natural Burlap String and topped it with a few pastel (pink and blue) Miniature Double Head Stamens.  And finally, I topped this little bundle with a sweet Light Blue Magnolia Flower.  I also attached a Rusty Pear-Shaped Safety Pin because they're SO cute.
The die-cut hearts I used are ones that have holes for hand-stitching.  So, in this case, I used the Natural Burlap String to lace my hearts.  You can also use Baker's Twine in any color which is also super cute in stitching dies.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  I also added a few prills, and obviously, I used a lot of ink on everything.
There's always something perfect for your next project at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and always lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We do hope you'll stop by to visit us here often, and that you'll treat yourself to a little shopping in the RRR Shop.

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say