Wednesday, June 12, 2019

This is Where I Fell Asleep Birthday Card and Tag

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  It's Kathy here with a fun way to use your June Ribbon Club Assortment to make a birthday card and gift.


 This 5" x 7" top fold card is pink-alicious!  Bright Pink Plaid Ribbon is paired up with pretty pink posies and papers. 



This ribbon is part of the June Ribbon Club Assortment, and it's perfect for summer crafting.



I've created a hidden pocket inside the card, where I've tucked in a ribbon topped bookmark as a gift.


The tag element was part of the paper collection, so making this tag was easy. Here are the steps I followed:

  •  I adhered the top 1/3 of the tag on a slightly larger rectangle of cardstock, then trimmed around it to make a 2 layer bookmark.  
  • Then I punched a hole in the top of the tag and looped Hot Pink Satin with a Metallic Edge, Summer Fun Diamond Print Grosgrain and Crochet lace through the opening.  
  • Next I threaded some cute metal embellishments on a length of silver metallic string and looped that through the same hole.  
  • Bright  Pink Plaid Ribbon is tied around this bundle to hold everything in place.  
  • Hot Glue a pretty pink flower on top to finish everything off. 




You can slip the page of a book between the bottom 2/3 of the tag, making it a perfect bookmark.

I hope I've shared some ideas that you can use with your June Ribbon Club Assortment.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

  1. This is so pretty and the perfect little gift for a friend you don't exchange gifts with but would like to give them something. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say