Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Summer Fun Shaker Card with Paper Clip Embellishments



Hello, Friends!  Kathy here with a really sweet summer card. This 6" x 6" shaker/easel card makes me think of fruit salad! Yum!  Bright  Pink Plaid Ribbon is the perfect playmate for these Prima Fruit Paradise papers.  I've topped my double loop bow with some gold metallic string to add just the right amount of shine, and it picks up on the gold in the floral cluster, too.



Do you ever look for ways to use up pretty little ribbon scraps?  Well, here's a fun idea for you.  See that little paper clip embellishment just to the left of the flower cluster?  That was the very last little bit of my Hot Pink Satin with Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon from June's Ribbon Club Assortment.  Here's how to turn that little 2" scrap into a beautiful embellishment on your next card:

  • First, find a paperclip.  This one is gold, but you can color match to whatever paper you are using.
  • Now cut fish tail banners on each end of the ribbon.  I do this by folding my ribbon in half lengthwise, then snip from the fold to the outer edge.
  • Next, thread the ribbon between the legs of the paper clip.  Hold in place with a tiny dot of hot glue.
  • Top the ribbon with a little posy or a button, as I did here. 
Easy peasy, affordable and oh, so cute!



Here's a peek at the inside.  There's just enough room to write a little greeting.  This would be such a cheery little birthday card or get well card, and it's pretty enough to put out on display.

I hope I shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures.  Wishing you a joyful and creative day!

Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I would definitely put it on display. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say