Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Splendid Seam Binding

Hey there to all our fellow ribbon-loving and coffee-loving friends!  It's Karen Letchworth posting today, and I'd like to share a couple of cards that incorporate two of my favorite things.....coffee and ribbons!   I just can't get enough of either, and while there's never a problem finding my coffee (at home or my local coffee shop) ...... Really Reasonable Ribbon is the best place to find ribbons!
Today I'm sharing two cards with you.  Both were made using a Crate Paper line called Restorations.  It's a very old line that I love, and I scored big time on EBay recently and picked up a bunch of it.  For this first card, I used three different patterned papers on my background that I attached together using an amazing Adhesive called Scor-Tape, which comes in several different widths.  Once I had my base together, I attached some chipboard pieces and stickers from this line, again by using Scor-Tape.  I also added three buttons that have Ivory Burlap String tied in their centers.
I also ran a piece of Natural Crochet Lace across the bottom of my card, and a piece of Danish Blue Seam Binding above that.  I also used the Danish Blue Seam Binding to make that lovely bow.  Really Reasonable Ribbon carries 24 vibrant colors of Seam Binding, it costs just 30 cents per yard, and it ties so easily into the most gorgeous bows!  The finishing touches on this card are the stick pin, and the lovely Blue Sweetheart Blossom I placed in the center of my bow.
My second card celebrates my love for coffee along with my love of ribbon, and it uses all the same patterned papers, chipboard and border stickers as the first card.  Again, I attached my patterned papers together using Scor-Tape.  Then, I did some machine stitching, and added a lovely bow using Noble Peacock Seam Binding topped with a Pink Sweetheart Blossom.
The "coffee" sentiment is a die-cut, and I used two doily die-cuts at the top of my card (the larger from Cheery Lynn Designs and the smaller from Papertrey Ink).  I added a Prima ticket from my stash.  That's about it.  I hope you'll stop by Really Reasonable Ribbon to check out all the amazing trims,  Seam Binding, the fabulous Mulberry Flowers, and SO much more!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have an amazing day!

Karen

P.S.  Please visit my blog My Cup Runneth Over for further info regarding my inspiration for these cards.

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say