Friday, February 23, 2018

Vintage Purple Roses Tri-Fold Folio with Tips and Tricks

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I've had so much fun playing with the Purple and Green Mix Ribbon Club Assortment this month!  The colors, patterns and textures have really brightened up my winter landscape.  I was thrilled to discover that the purple ribbons are a great playmate for my Heartfelt Creations Butterfly Medley papers.  So I worked them up into this shabby chic Vintage Purple Roses Tri-Fold Folio.

The folio measures 5" x 7" with half inch spines.  I used gorgeous  5/8" Hyacinth Satin Ribbon with a Grosgrain Edge to create a ribbon closure for the album.   My bow cluster is made with the 5/8" Hyacinth Satin Swirl Ribbon topped off with some Gold Metallic String and a button from my stash.  And of course I used my Bow it All  to tie those beautiful bows! 


The purple roses and the butterfly are both stamped onto patterned paper and cut with the matching dies.  Did you know that Ultra Violet is one of Pantone's Colors for 2018?  So this Ribbon Club Mix is right on trend!


The folio base is three strips of 11" x 7" heavy lavender cardstock joined together with 1/2" Scor-Tape.  After joining the cardstock strips together, I scored at 5" and again at 5.5", repeating this pattern all the way down the long side.



The folio is filled with flaps, folds, flips, pockets and tags.










Although the folio is not very big, it has room for loads of photos, thanks to this little waterfall feature.

I thought you might enjoy seeing how all the mechanisms work, so I created this YouTube video tour with lots of tips and tricks that you can use to make your own version of this fun little folio.  I hope you enjoy!




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy



1 comment :

  1. This is so gorgeous Kathy!! Love the vivid violet and purple colors!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say