Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sweet Recipes Book


Hi.  It's Teresa today sharing a recipe book that I created after finding lots of goodies cleaning up my craft room this week.  Nope, there was no pre-planned project in mind but I had this idea to make up a recipe book for all the goodies that I find on Pinterest and since I found so many fun things to use this is what I came up with and it went together really quick too.....


To start, I found this simple chipboard book and this piece of polka dotted paper and I had lots and lots of pretty pink ribbons from RRR shop to tie up the sides so it all kind of came together from there.  Here are all the ribbons that I used: Gingham check ribbon, Seam Binding, metallic edged satin ribbonwhite crochet lace, satin w/grossgrain ribbon, swirls organza ribbon, and some tulle in pink.  I love doing these books because you can use so many ribbons for the insides and to tie up the outside to make it beautiful.


The birdcage, flower and corner piece are from Spellbinders dies that I cut to match the ribbons.  The envelope I had in my stash and the wooden pieces are from Prima.  Inside I bought some recipe cards and matted them in black and glued them on each page.  I think this will end up being a gift ... but I better get busy... there are so many recipes to decide from to put in it.

Thanks for stopping over and hope you all have a great day :) 

3 comments :

  1. What a great idea it's a good way to collect family recipes which will be precious to you in the future !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo gorgeous recipeebook, and such a wonderful idea to save the family recipees like this, and what a great gift it could be to young ones moving out of their home for the first time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so beautiful and so creative x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say