Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Rainbow of Roses Card

Hello! Misty (@Mommyofkidz) here today
to share a cute little St. Patty's Day card with you. 
I have ZERO natural talent when it comes to 
card making, so I usually leave that to the pros.
However, I have been wanting to do this 
"Rainbow of Roses" card for quite a while now! 


I started with ribbons and roses from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store
 and an svg. bundle from Bonnie Garby Designs. 
Also, if you have Cricut Design Space, you can find 
many of her images there as well.  
I actually think this one may have actually come from there. 

I cut the entire image in white cardstock and used distress inks to add the colors. I found matching ribbons and tiny rose buds to match each color that I used in my rainbow. I used the Wild Orchid 10mm Pastel Open Roses  and they were the perfect size for this project. All of the ribbons are 3/8 inch Swiss Dots grosgrain except the one chevron which I think came from an assortment pack.  Once I had all my materials gathered, I set to work making it come to life. 

 
Once it was inked, I added the outlines using a white gel pen and
then attached the ribbons and roses. I added each piece to the backing that I had cut with black cardstock, and added the faux stitching outlines to that as well. Notice that I let the ribbons cascade down past the end of the card?  I was hoping to make it look like the rainbow was continuing...like never-ending. I don't know how well that worked...but that was the thought behind it.
Either way, I liked the extra effect that it created. 

Finally, I added the entire rainbow to my gatefold card that I had prepared with a bit of distress inks and heavy white gesso to create a cloud background while also adding a bit of texture. 


As I mentioned in the beginning, I have ZERO natural talent when it comes to cards.  When I was finished with all of the design process, I realized that I didn't leave any space on the front for a sentiment! 
This is why I leave the card making to the Pros!!!

Thank you all for stopping by today. 
I hope that I have inspired in some way. If you like this card, head on over to Really Reasonable Ribbon to collect all the supplies! Stay Crafty My Friends!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say