Thursday, May 26, 2022

Let Freedom Ring

Hello, again Ribbon Friends! I am still making great use of the May Ribbon Club (Patriotic Assortment)I just cannot stop making patriotic projects! I do have loads of other ribbon, but it has been two years since I made anything for 4th of July, so this ribbon club went to my head!

I created a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card out of red cardstock. I don't normally make cards in this orientation, but I really wanted to use the USA die cut that I found hiding in my stash!

I die cut the states outline (except for Alaska and Hawaii) from blue cardstock and very, very carefully glued it to the white panel. That thing was fragile! 
I then die cut just a few states out of some scraps of collage paper and inserted them into their spots on the map. I only used the states where my husband and I have lived since our marriage. I die cut a blue frame to place around the USA die cut to keep it from "floating" on the page. 

Next comes the ribbon! 
I made a loopy bow out of the 3/8" Random Stars Patriotic Satin ribbon and glued it to the corner of the card. I then made another loopy bow from the Air Mail Baker's Twine. I glued the twine to the top of the ribbon. Then I needed to hide a bit of a hot glue blob...so I added a White Pearl Star to the top.
The other corner needed something, too so I added a digital sentiment, die cut into a banner shape to the upper right corner. I topped the banner with more Air Mail Baker's Twine and another White Pearl Star.

I use the Bow-it-All tool to make all my bows! So fast and easy!
I hope you have enjoyed all my patriotic creations this month! 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: Cardstock, decorative paper, digital stamp, die cuts, hot glue, ATG, foam squares

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say