Friday, May 26, 2017

Mr. Fix It

Hi friends! Happy Friday! I have a fun little card to share with you today that will be great for upcoming Father's Day. It's always difficult for me to get creative when it comes to masculine cards, but this one was easy a 1-2-3. My dad is a super handy guy and always seems to be able to fix things, no matter how impossible they are. I guarantee that my parents have saved lots of money in the fix-it dept.! I wanted to make him something special to celebrate my dad for Father's Day this year and this is what I came up with.
I decided to use some really cute tool die cuts and I made the card base shaped like an apron, so I could tuck all the guy stuff inside the front pocket. The front of the apron is a nice neutral pattern in order to keep it manly and not too busy. I also kept the back portion of the card to give the look of a work shirt underneath (usually both front and back are cut off). I folded Burlap Center Stitch Navy ribbon in half and looped it through the eyelet holes at the top of the apron and also added a cut strip and scrap piece to the bottom and top of the pocket for accents.
I hope you like it! I found tons more inspiration on Pinterest by typing in "apron shaped card"--wow! So many wonderful creations! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy weekend and happy crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say