Sunday, July 17, 2016

You're in My Thoughts Pocket Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Some color combinations are as soft and sweet as a summer night and just fill my heart with feelings of nostalgia.  Today I've combined luxurious Rust Silky Crush Ribbon with delicate Pink Salmon Seam Binding and the result puts me in mind of the glorious summer sunsets on the hill where I grew up in Vermont.


These ribbons were a spot on color match for papers from Prima's "Something Blue" paper collection.  After stitching my layers together, adding a little fussy cut flower detail and a die cut doily, I stamped my sentiment on a tag from the collection.  I don't know about you, but this color combo makes my heart go pitty pat!


 The Rust Silky Crush Ribbon is so elegant and easy to work with.  I think I need to add all the colors in this range to my ribbon stash, don't you?  It just plays together so well with seam binding ribbon that it's a joy to work with.


 I wanted to give you a close up of the fun paper curls I created for the bow cluster.  When making my card base, I shaved off a sliver of paper to make the border dimensions exactly right.  As I picked up the shavings to toss I thought, "Hey....what if...."  and I carefully ran the shavings against the handle of a small paintbrush, sort of like curling ribbon...and to my delight, my "what if" turned into a "voila!"



I love to decorate the insides of my cards with little pockets and pretty papers! The upper half of the card has a small gift card pocket that I've filled with a blank notecard, a tea bag and a wrapped chocolate.


This lower pocket contains some sweet surprises, too!


I think the small tag would make a great bookmark, and the larger tag would be super cute on a fridge or in a work cubicle.  Just add your friend's name to personalize.

If you haven't played with Silky Crush Ribbon yet, I encourage you to give it a try!  It's glorious!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

  1. Fantastic card Kathy and wonderful layers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card and love all of the layers and especially the embellishments. Lots to see and adore. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This...is...gorgeous...Kathy! I love every single detail you have added. The design is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say