Thursday, August 22, 2013

Can You Mail It?

I love to make cards with dimension and texture and a lot of layers. And then I end up paying a lot of postage when I mail them, since they have to be packed so carefully. So it is a challenge for me to make something that can be mailed for the regular rate, and have it be a design that I still love. So I am challenging myself to do that more. Semi-flat, but something that still has layers. Today's card is a start to that.
I used my favorite winter set by Flourishes, Snow Day, and made a pink and white Christmasy delight! I stamped the skates in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in using Copic markers. I love the Pearl Pink Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon
and thought it was a perfect complement to the designer paper and feel to the card. The rhinestones add a little bling, but not so much that it increases the bulk or the postage!

All of the layers are held together with that fabulous Scor-Tape
 
There are a lot of wonderful chevron patterns in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. Just type in "chevron" in the search window!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Snow Day (Flourishes) Paper: Sweet Tooth (Poptone), Six by Six DP (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Accessories: rhinestones (The Paper Studio), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), banner die (The {Stamps} of Life), Pearl Pink Chevron Grosgrain (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Scalloped Circle and Circle dies (Spellbinders)


10 comments :

  1. It is soooo beautiful, and a really cool card, that should be able to be mailed flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very classy!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card.I hate having to pay so much postage too.I must try as you've shown it can be done.Love the colours and what a lovely image too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Every time I see that image I want it. I am in a shopping mood today.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! and I try to keep everything mailable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty is this card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!!I try to stay mailable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and love that it's easily mailable!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say