Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vintage Whimsy/Video

Today I wanted to share a Layout I made using Really Reasonable Ribbon. I have been on a Layout kick lately. I go through these spurts once in awhile....lol 

Anyways on to my Layout!!

I love Really Reasonable Ribbon's Crocheted Lace, and Bonnie has some NEW colors in stock too!!! Be sure to check those out HERE :) 
I ran the Lace down the side, to give it that Vintage Whimsy look, like the paper has. I then ran my flowers up the side, as you can see they are covering part of the lace. I really love the look of the lace under the flowers. 

Next I used RRR Textured Two-Toned Light Blue and White Ribbon to create 2 floppy bows. I did them like this so I could tuck them under the flowers. This ribbon works perfect for doing this as its light in weight. Love that you can curl the leftover strands too.

Really Reasonable Ribbon Used:

The design paper is one of my FAV's its "Vintage Whimsy" by The girls' Paperie' and I distressed all the pieces to give it that Vintage look.
I also used lots of Prima Flowers, of course I normally hoard these, but ive been trying to get some old photo's done on layouts to be framed, and this is going to be 1 :)
Lastly I added some wedding stems, ribbon roses(OLD) and a sweet butterfly to complete my layout!

Floppy Bow Video



Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

8 comments :

  1. Hi! Thank you for the great video, it is really helpful. I just love the layout also. I'm always looking for page ideas for three scrapbooks I'm working on and this one is a keeper!

    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and tutorial, Cheryl!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Cheryl. I love the tutorial too : ) I'm not brave enough to put my voice on the interweb yet....I sound like an 8 year old lol. Glad to see you putting some of that ribbon stash of yours to use : ) Huggs G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Cheryl and I love your floppy bow tutorial too. Lots of great bow making ideas this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout, and thanks for sharing the ribbon video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the video tutorial. I like how easy it is to make your pretty floppy bow. I'm going to try it out. I certainly have a lot of ribbon...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a BEAUTIFUL work of art. TFS.
    D-
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for making the video, great bow!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say