Friday, June 21, 2024

What's Up Chickie?

I just love cute things, and these chickens are adorable (in my opinion anyway), so I couldn't wait to use these sweet new dies.  Really Reasonable Ribbon always provides me with the perfect accents for every project.  I actually made four of the chickens because there are four in the set.  However, I quickly realized that all four chickens wouldn't fit on a regular A-2 card.  It would have had to be a slimline, so the one little (pink) chicken didn't quite make the cut.  LOL
That's why I decided to make a matching tag.  I die-cut a tag from the same patterned paper that I used on another chick.  I added some of the die-cut chicken wire and then placed my pink chicken on the tag.  I added a length of both Orange Baker's Twine and Cherry Baker's Twine to the top of my tag as well as a bow tied with Olive Green Wrinkle Ribbon.
I used black cardstock for the base and then white cardstock that I both pressure embossed with a Darice Embossing Folder (difficult to see) and then die-cut with a Darice chicken wire die.  I used various patterned paper scraps to cut these cute little chickens.  I used orange cardstock for their legs and red cardstock for their gobblers.  I used lots of fabulous Scor-Tape to secure everything in place.
The stamped sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  I used Moss Green & Cream Gingham Ribbon on my card, and that's also from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped onto a Fishtail Banner Die.  It's fun to use products from different companies, and this card combines several.  I love the texture and pizzazz that ribbons add, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has the best selection.
This was a really fun card to make.  Don't miss all the wonderful products waiting for you at Really Reasonable Ribbon and all the wonderful inspiration you can find on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  Happy crafting, and thanks so much for visiting us here today.

Blessings,
Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say