Friday, August 19, 2022

I Love Fall!

Hello, again everyone! It is Gloria with you today. It is so hot where I live, over or near 100 degrees every day. I am so thankful for air conditioning and a swimming pool! But, I am so ready for cooler weather, but I know that we still get lots of days in the 90's even in October and November! I think I will go crank the A/C and drink something with pumpkin spice....

I have a fall themed card for you, using more of the beautiful August Ribbon Club ribbons! This is another 6" x 6" card, which is one of my favorite sizes to make. I don't care if they cost more to mail, I love making them! 

The pumpkin paper and the sticker are from the Echo Park The Story of Fall collection (from a few years ago), and the orange gingham paper is from The Girls' Paperie Toil and Trouble collection (which is who knows how old!).

The "wood" grain is actually a piece of chipboard that I had die cut to make a mini book, but the project failed. I salvaged some parts, and this piece of scored chipboard covered with distress ink...looks just like wood! Keeper!

Now, for the ribbons! I wrapped both a length of the 5/8" Russet Orange Taffeta and a length of the  3/8" Cappuccino Satin with Gold Metallic Edge around the top part of the card. I secured the ribbon inside the card, then covered with white cardstock to hide the ribbon tails. 

I created two bows, one from each ribbon style and glued them to the center of the card as shown. Super easy! Big impact!

I even put a little sneaky surprise on the inside of the card. {smile}

Thank you so much for stopping by!


Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: dark brown cardstock, white cardstock, chipboard scrap, printed paper, stickers, distress ink, hot glue

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say