Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What's the Buzz?


 Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  What's the buzz?  My gardens are buzzing with the fattest, happiest bumblebees I've ever seen. And that's what inspired me to make this bee themed card with ribbons from the July Ribbon Club Assortment.


I love to use ribbon to create borders on my cards.  Ribbon adds texture, color and design to a project, and it's such a quick way to amp up the elegance of any creation.  For this border treatment, I layered Bold Yellow Check Ribbon over Daffodil Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon. Here's how:

  • First, figure out where you want your ribbon border to be.  I wanted mine near the bottom so that it would look like the bee hive is sitting on it.
  • Next, wrap your card panel with 1/2" Scor-Tape.  Let the ends hang over a little bit so that you can wrap the ribbon around to the back of the card.  This makes for nice, neat edges.
  • Now lay your Daffodil Delicate Stitched Satin over the Scor-Tape and burnish to make sure it's really stuck down well.
  • Repeat this process with 1/4" Scor-Tape, adding it right in the center of the Daffodil Delicate Stitched Satin.  
  • Then attach the Yellow Bold Check Ribbon over the Scor-Tape.  
  • Wrap the loose ribbon ends around to the back side of your card panel to keep everything looking neat and tidy.
See? Easy peasy!  Add a few buttons to the ribbon border to really make it pop.




Tie a matching bow with the Daffodil Ribbon and tuck it into the flower cluster.  Then tie a bow with natural burlap string and glue it into the mix. Fold a scrap of Yellow Daffodil Ribbon in half, cut fish tail banners and add it on top of the knot.   Top the whole bow cluster off with another button and you're done!


Here's a peek at the inside.  I added the last bit of the Bold Yellow Check ribbon to the front of my tea wallet.  And I tucked a honey stick into the pocket on the bottom of the card.

I hope you have a sweet as honey kind of day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

  1. This is so beautiful. Bees have taken over the decor and crafting world, and I'll have to go check this out on your site Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say